BitcoinTalk

stopped prodicing coins

stopped prodicing coins

Hi

im using the 64bit linux version. i installed two days ago and produced three lots of 50 coins. yesterday i produced 50 coins within two hours of the last lots completing and have had no others even starting since then. the last lots completed 8:51 am yesterday and its now 10am the next morning and ive got no transactions working at all. have i been snubbed for completing the last two too quickly? if so how long does this last?

Re: stopped prodicing coins

Hi

im using the 64bit linux version. i installed two days ago and produced three lots of 50 coins. yesterday i produced 50 coins within two hours of the last lots completing and have had no others even starting since then. the last lots completed 8:51 am yesterday and its now 10am the next morning and ive got no transactions working at all. have i been snubbed for completing the last two too quickly? if so how long does this last?

I've been generating for nearly two days straight and have not produced a single coin.  It seems distribution is completely random.

The production rate depends on your hashs per second and the probability of 1 hash to be the right one.

so basically khash/s * luck factor = generaterd bitcoins.

The production rate depends on your hashs per second and the probability of 1 hash to be the right one.

so basically khash/s * luck factor = generaterd bitcoins.

Given the current jump in 'difficulty' at around 875 khash/s I should be generating a block every 2.8 days.

So, no complaints.... yet.   Grin

http://www.alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator.php

Thanks for making that calculator.

The difficulty doubled a day or two ago, plus it's just random and you can have surprisingly long dry spells.