BitcoinTalk

"SetIcons(): icon bundle doesn't contain any suitable icon"

"SetIcons(): icon bundle doesn't contain any suitable icon"

In Windows, when opening the "Send Coins" or the "Your Receiving Addresses", I get the following message.

Clicking Cancel allows me to make it go away, and everything still works fine, but it is still a bit annoying.

I am running BitCoin 0.3.0 on Windowx Vista SP2 x64.

Re: "SetIcons(): icon bundle doesn't contain any suitable icon"

That's surprising that we've never heard of that before now.

Maybe you're the first person to ever run it on Vista  Smiley

I have to guess it has something to do with your display color depth selection.  e.g. 8-bit, 16-bit, 24-bit, 32-bit, what is it?  Do you have a weird video card, display setup or running it on a tablet or mobile or something?

Also happens here - Windows XP, 32-bit color depth, 1680x1050 LCD screen in 120DPI mode. Perhaps the use of an unusual DPI is breaking it?

in 120DPI mode.
What is "120DPI mode"?  Is that an actual setting somewhere?  Sounds like an obscure enough candidate.  I suppose it needs twice the resolution icon to fill the size of the upper left corner icon.  Only one size is provided.

in 120DPI mode.
What is "120DPI mode"?  Is that an actual setting somewhere?  Sounds like an obscure enough candidate.  I suppose it needs twice the resolution icon to fill the size of the upper left corner icon.  Only one size is provided.
In XP, display properties -> settings -> advanced. It basically makes all display elements a bit larger.

Also using 120 DPI here. Same bit depth and resolution as the previous user as well.

That must be it then.

It must be looking for a larger icon like 20x20 but we don't have one.