News | Pool Statistics | Block History | Help Center | Demo Account
We are the world's first cryptocurrency mining pool founded in 2010.
Since then we have together mined over 1 million BTC.
Reasons to mine on Slush Pool
- low flat fee of 2 % (network fees are shared with miners!)
- stable income thanks to our significant network share (~ 15 blocks a day)
- neat interface with dashboard and worker monitoring
- advanced security with 2FA and payout address locking
- servers in Europe, North America and Asia
- free withdrawals above 0.01 BTC
Start mining on Slush Pool
- Create a ticket in our support system, if you have any issues or questions.
- We will get back to you as soon as possible, usually within 24 hours.
- We cannot guarantee answering questions posted elsewhere. Thank you for understanding.
Follow us: Twitter | Facebook | Blog
Once people started to use GPU enabled computers for mining, mining became very hard for other people. I'm on bitcoin for few weeks and didn't find block yet (I'm mining on three CPUs). When many people have slow CPUs and they mining separately, each of them compete among themselves AND against rich GPU bastards ;-), because everybody counts sha256 hashes from the same range. Two separate CPUs with 1000khash/s isn't the same as one 2000khash/s machine!. But new feature of the official bitcoin client called 'getwork' now enables work of many computers together, so they don't compete. Because there is now standalone CPU miner (thanks to jgarzik!) and 'getwork' patch is in official client now, I have an idea:
Join poor CPU miners to one cluster and increase their chance to find a block!
How that should work? There will be web page where you can register, enter your wallet address and get URL and your personal rpcuser/rpcpassword for your CPU/GPU miners. When you start own miner with these credentials, server will send you work which was not calculated yet by other members of cluster.
But when your client find winning hash, you do not get full reward for block (50BTC right now), but only proportional part, which you calculate. When you offer 1000khash/s for one day and whole cluster performance will be 20000khash/s and it takes two days to find a block, your reward will be (50/20/2=)1.25BTC.
Advantages? When you have poor standalone computer, you need to wait many weeks or even months for finding full 50BTC reward. When you join cluster like this, you will constantly receive small amount of bitcoins every day or week (depends on full cluster performance).
Disadvantages? You need to trust in central authority (me) that I don't steal block for myself. But I'm goofing around for few week and I'm amazed with bitcoin idea, so I don't plan to steal anybody right now :-).
Are you interested in?