BitcoinTalk

Building Bitcoin 0.3

Building Bitcoin 0.3

I tried building it myself but it didn't compile.
Which ports did you use?
I tried with wxgtk28-unicode and db42-4.2.52_5 & db50-5.0.21.0
Here the latest attempt:
nagilum@cakebox ~/src > uname -a
FreeBSD cakebox.tis 8.1-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 8.1-PRERELEASE #0: Tue Jun 29 22:25:46 CEST 2010     [email protected]:/usr/obj/export/src/sys/net5501  i386
nagilum@cakebox ~/src > gmake -f makefile.unix
g++45 -c -O2 -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wformat -g -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -DNOPCH -I"/usr/include" -I"/usr/local/include" -I"/usr/local/include/wx-2.8" -I"/usr/local/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-release-2.8" -I"/usr/local/include/db50" -o headers.h.gch headers.h
In file included from headers.h:108:0:
ui.h:13:142: error: default argument for 'const wxString& caption' has type 'const char [8]'
ui.h: In function 'int MyMessageBox(const wxString&, const wxString&, int, wxWindow*, int, int)':
ui.h:19:51: error: no matching function for call to 'std::basic_string<char>::basic_string(const wxString&)'
/usr/local/lib/gcc45/include/c++/bits/basic_string.tcc:219:5: note: candidates are: std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc>::basic_string(std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc>::size_type, _CharT, const _Alloc&) [with _CharT = char, _Traits = std::char_traits<char>, _Alloc = std::allocator<char>, std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc>::size_type = unsigned int]
/usr/local/lib/gcc45/include/c++/bits/basic_string.tcc:212:5: note:                 std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc>::basic_string(const _CharT*, const _Alloc&) [with _CharT = char, _Traits = std::char_traits<char>, _Alloc = std::allocator<char>]

Re: Building Bitcoin 0.3

Looks like your wxWidgets and STL - you should compile your own wxWidgets from the 2.9 release.

Use something like this to configure it and adjust the reference paths in your makefile.unix

mkdir buildgtk
cd buildgtk
../configure --prefix=/home/my_user/bitcoin/deps \
--with-gtk \
--disable-shared \
--disable-debug_flag \
--enable-stl \
--enable-utf8 \
--with-libjpeg=builtin \
--with-libpng=builtin \
--withregex=builtin \
--with-libtiff=builtin \
--with-zlib=builtin \
--withexpat=builtin

Re: Building Bitcoin 0.3

It doesn't work with wxWidgets 2.8, it needs wxWidgets 2.9.  Unfortunately, there isn't a Debian package of wxWidgets 2.9 yet.