BitcoinTalk

wiki registration email?

wiki registration email?

I tried to register with the wiki, it said "The user has been created and the password sent by email," but no email has arrived. Then I went thru the registration process again, same username and email, and it didn't object to the duplication (nor sent an email).

Re: wiki registration email?

Have you checked your spam folder?

Have you checked your spam folder?

I'm having the same problems.

Yes, I checked my spam folder.  I've even created a second account in case the first one I made a mistake on with the e-mail address.  Neither are working.

I eventually got the email, very slow though.

I eventually got the email, very slow though.

How long is that supposed to take?  Weeks?  Months?

12 hours? Not sure exactly because I went to bed and when I next checked it was there.

12 hours? Not sure exactly because I went to bed and when I next checked it was there.

It has now been more than four days for me.... this time with three different accounts that I've used to apply.  I'm going to try another mail ISP just in case the host for bitcoins has somehow been blocked by the main ISP I'm using.

As a follow-up, switching to a completely different ISP (I just created a new "throw away" e-mail account to see what was going on here) I was able to get the registration to be completed.  Still, bitcoins.org is on some kind of e-mail blackhole list or at least the ISP that hosts the e-mail server for registration is on one of those lists.

As a follow-up, switching to a completely different ISP (I just created a new "throw away" e-mail account to see what was going on here) I was able to get the registration to be completed.  Still, bitcoins.org is on some kind of e-mail blackhole list or at least the ISP that hosts the e-mail server for registration is on one of those lists.

Looks like bitcoin.org is listed on the PBL.

WTF?  How did we get on that?  AFAIK, the only e-mail is if you tell the forum to do notifications, and I guess the wiki registration.  I'd consider turning off the forum notification e-mails, I don't know why we have that.