BitcoinTalk

Building BitCoin Client completely Headless

Building BitCoin Client completely Headless

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to get the openSuse Build Service to build bitcoin binaries for all the major distros, but wxWidgets is giving me a headache, as the development branch 2.9.0 is in not a single repository, and I'm having huge problems building it myself.

So I was wondering whether it is possible at all to compile everything without any depencies on wxWidgets?

Once wxWidgets 2.9.0 starts appearing in the default repos I'll create packages for the GUI version too, but a CLI version is better than nothing for the moment.

Regards,
Chris

P.S.: If you're interested at peeking, please take a look here: https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=home%3Acdecker%3Abitcoin

Re: Building BitCoin Client completely Headless

http://heliacal.net/~solar/bitcoin/bitcoin-linuxbuild.pdf

If you follow these instructions and build 'bitcoind' it's all linked statically to wxWidgets, boost, openssl and libdb.. for me it looks like this:

Code:
$ ldd bitcoind
        linux-vdso.so.1 =>  (0x00007fff31dff000)
        libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0x00007ff1a0a78000)
        libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 (0x00007ff1a0768000)
        libm.so.6 => /lib/libm.so.6 (0x00007ff1a04e4000)
        libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x00007ff1a02cd000)
        libpthread.so.0 => /lib/libpthread.so.0 (0x00007ff1a00b1000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x00007ff19fd41000)
        /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00007ff1a0c7c000)

I need headless cli to run on my server (don't own my own computer, just a root shell & a borrowed laptop from work).

How to compile? I recommend including a cli binary. FAQ?

Good work by the way, thanks

update: checked out thr trunk by svn, tried a make after installing g++, no joy:

Code:
usr/include/c++/4.3/bits/stl_vector.h:150:   instantiated from âvoid std::_Vector_base<_Tp, _Alloc>::_M_deallocate(_Tp*, size_t) [with _Tp = unsigned char, _Alloc = secure_allocator<unsigned char>]â
/usr/include/c++/4.3/bits/stl_vector.h:136:   instantiated from âstd::_Vector_base<_Tp, _Alloc>::~_Vector_base() [with _Tp = unsigned char, _Alloc = secure_allocator<unsigned char>]â
/usr/include/c++/4.3/bits/stl_vector.h:235:   instantiated from âstd::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::vector(size_t, const _Tp&, const _Alloc&) [with _Tp = unsigned char, _Alloc = secure_allocator<unsigned char>]â
key.h:105:   instantiated from here
serialize.h:684: error: âmemsetâ was not declared in this scope
make: *** [headers.h.gch] Error 1
...amongst other errors (don't know what I'm doing with multiplatform...

Jago, do you have all the proper dependencies installed?

The linux release candidate in the "1.3 almost ready" thread contains prebuilt bitcoind.