BitcoinTalk

Donations to freebitcoins.appspot.com needed!

Donations to freebitcoins.appspot.com needed!

The Bitcoin Faucet is handling the slashdotting really well... except that I'm running out of coins to give away.  over 5,000 have flowed out of the Faucet since I refilled it last night.

Any of you early adopters who generated tens of thousands of coins back in the early days, are you willing to send a few to the Faucet to be given away so more people can try out Bitcoin?  I know that most of them are likely to be lost (I suspect there a lot of slashdot lookey-loos who won't stick around long enough to spend their 5 bitcoins), but if that's the case then that'll just increase the value of your other bitcoins, anyway...

Fountain donation address is:  15VjRaDX9zpbA8LVnbrCAFzrVzN7ixHNsC

Depending on donations and how long the slashdotting lasts, I might have to start giving away bitnickels...

Re: Donations to freebitcoins.appspot.com needed!

Thanks for the donations... whoever you are who donated!

The Faucet has about 2,000 coins in it at the moment; I just deployed a new version that will automatically start giving out bit-nickels if the balance falls below 500 (but allows anybody who gets a bit-nickel to come back later and get the 5 bitcoins "they deserve" if/when the Faucet is refilled).

You can have the 5 you gave me back.  I just wanted to see how this all works and all and hopefully, I will have some coins popping up every couple of days.  Smiley

Thank you for running a great program/incentive!  I appreciate it!

Thanks Xavier!

To everyone else:  the Faucet is now giving out bit-nickels; it just went under 500 BTC.  I've got just under 2,000 BTC left to refill it, but I think I'll start letting it drain a nickel-at-a-time and keep it above zero for as long as I can (refilling it to just under 500 if it gets near zero).

i send my 5 coins back right after i got them,
was a great way to check our system and still is a great way for new "potential customers", to test us.

regrettably i havent been around back in those early days, but i'll gladly send all incoming 5coin credits back to you.  Cool

5 BTC seems like a lot these days, maybe the normal amount should be 1 or 2 BTC.

This is an important service so new users can at least get something if generating is too hard.