BitcoinTalk

*** ALERT *** Upgrade to 0.3.6

*** ALERT *** Upgrade to 0.3.6

Please upgrade to 0.3.6 ASAP!  We fixed an implementation bug where it was possible that bogus transactions could be displayed as accepted.  Do not accept Bitcoin transactions as payment until you upgrade to version 0.3.6!

If you can't upgrade to 0.3.6 right away, it's best to shut down your Bitcoin node until you do.

Also in 0.3.6, faster hashing:
- midstate cache optimisation thanks to tcatm
- Crypto++ ASM SHA-256 thanks to BlackEye
Total generating speedup 2.4x faster.

Download:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/bitcoin/files/Bitcoin/bitcoin-0.3.6/

Windows and Linux users: if you got 0.3.5 you still need to upgrade to 0.3.6.

Re: *** ALERT *** version 0.3.6

Haven't had time to update the SVN yet.  Wait for 0.3.6, I'm building it now.  You can shut down your node in the meantime.  

Re: *** ALERT *** version 0.3.6

SVN is updated with version 0.3.6.

Uploading Windows build of 0.3.6 to Sourceforge now, then will rebuild linux.

Re: *** ALERT *** Upgrade to 0.3.6 ASAP!

0.3.6 Linux build is back to the old makefile.unix.  It static links libjpeg so that shouldn't be a problem.

Is that working better?

If you got 22DbRunRecoveryException and you've used someone else's build before, you may need to delete (or move the files somewhere else) database/log.000000*

Windows and Linux users: if you got 0.3.5 you still need to upgrade to 0.3.6.

"./bitcoin: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.11' not found (required by ./bitcoin)" isn't a new problem that started with 0.3.6 is it?  This was built on the same OS installations as 0.3.0.

Unfortunately I upgraded to Ubuntu 10.04 before 0.3.0.  I will not upgrade anymore.  I don't know when I might have time to reinstall to downgrade, but at least by not upgrading, it'll gradually fix itself.

On Debian testing 32-bit, I get a few build errors, all resembling:
Code:
script.cpp:114: error: ‘OP_NOP1’ was not declared in this scope
I got these when attempting to "make bitcoind" without "make clean" or "make" first. It looks like the bitcoind build instructions don't compile the headers first, but they also don't delete the headers.h.gch, so the old headers are used if present.

If anyone else gets this error, the simplest solution is to "make clean" and retry the build.
We don't really need pre-compiled header.  It only makes it compile slightly faster.  I think I'll just get rid of it.  Even still, you'd still need to remember to "make -f makefile.unix clean" or delete headers.h.gch one more time to get rid of the leftover file.

Damn that GLIBC_2.11.  I thought I'd been careful not to accept any of the updates.

I can only imagine the pain you went through to get these builds because I'm trying to build the program on a Ubuntu 9.04 box and so far I can't seem to find all the dependencies to compile no matter how much I keep installing packages and compiling source, LOL.
I can't understand why you're having so much pain.  I just followed the instructions in build-unix.txt.  I made a couple little corrections for Boost 1.37, which I'll put on SVN the next time I update it, noted below:

Dependencies
------------
sudo apt-get install build-essential
sudo apt-get install libgtk2.0-dev
sudo apt-get install libssl-dev
sudo apt-get install libdb4.7-dev
sudo apt-get install libdb4.7++-dev
sudo apt-get install libboost-all-dev (or libboost1.37-dev)

wxWidgets
---------
cd /usr/local
tar -xzvf wxWidgets-2.9.0.tar.gz
cd /usr/local/wxWidgets-2.9.0
mkdir buildgtk
cd buildgtk
../configure --with-gtk --enable-debug --disable-shared --enable-monolithic
make
sudo su
make install
ldconfig

added a comment in makefile.unix:

# for boost 1.37, add -mt to the boost libraries
LIBS= \
 -Wl,-Bstatic \
   -l boost_system \
   -l boost_filesystem \
   -l boost_program_options \
   -l boost_thread \
   -l db_cxx \
   -l crypto \
 -Wl,-Bdynamic \
   -l gthread-2.0

So that last command should simply be
sudo apt-get install libboost1.37-dev
Except that wouldn't work for boost 1.40+ (on Ubuntu 10.04), where you need to get libboost-all-dev.

Seems they changed everything around in Boost recently, "-mt" and all that, makes it hard.

BTW, I tried Boost 1.34 but it didn't have the boost.interprocess stuff.

Mac OSX version is available now.  See bitcoin.org or the SourceForge link.